The building consists of two storeys and faces almost due south
with an approximate total overall floor area of 200 square metres
There are seven offices with a total internal office area of approximately
140 square metres (1500 sq.ft.).
The Ground Floor
The ground floor's main entrance is through the central arch containing
the weighbridge, on the left. This gives access to an entrance hall
and the flight of steps to the upper level.
A doorway left of the stairs allows entrance to the weighbridge
office (5m x 5.5m), in which the Avery's mechanism still is in situ,
alongside the weighbridge outside. This office has two front facing
windows and a window overlooking the weighbridge in the archway,
a window re-inserted as part of the restoration scheme.
To the rear off the entrance hall is a washroom and toilet. A boiler
room complex sits beyond this point with access gained only from
The archway above the weighbridge is extended to cover
the entrance area and also the door opposite giving access to the
east side offices, two in number.
The front office is approximately 5m x 2.8m, again with two front
facing windows, whilst the other is smaller, 3.8m x 2.5m. A small
washroom has been added to the rear, projecting from the main building.
This was in a ruinous condition. The restoration scheme included
replacing this later addition with a toilet block meeting present-day
standards for use by people with disablities. The structure was
built with new firebricks made by the nearby Cradley Special Brick
Company, matched to original bricks in the main building.
An outside lean-to garage, originally for housing Mr. Pearson's
car, had been demolished by vandals.