Company History - The 20th Century
Peter Harris died in 1874 followed by George Pearson in 1899;
the firm continued to be run by their respective sons. During the depression period
of the 1920/30's the company acquired several, similar, small businesses and consequently
became incorporated in 1931 to become Harris & Pearson Ltd.
In 1968 Dyson Group Plc. purchased the company, although it continued
to trade independently until about 1980. Pickford Holland, who were
part of the Dyson Group or J & J Dyson as they were then known,
last used the Offices until 1990.