This splendid and permanent advertisement of the quality of their
products was built by the Harris & Pearson Company in 1888 to
be their new Offices. Every brick was made at the works from the
local Stourbridge fireclay.
The variety of architectural ceramics used in the façade
is remarkable including both glazed and unglazed materials and a
variety of colours. The glazed fireclay cills are particularly unusual.
The white glazed lettering is a striking feature of the façade
and a rare example of Victorian architectural graphics still in
Glazed brick walls exist in the entrance hall, landing and lobby
in a variety of colours. The toilet also has glazed brick walls,
but the outstanding internal feature is the patterned quarry tiled
floor to the landing, lobby and small office (now converted to a
toilet block) on the first floor.